With event season round the corner, we thought it would be a good time to share our top event marketing tips. With our 18 years’ experience in driving customer engagement, we’ve learnt a thing or two about attracting delegates to events.
Event marketing tips
So here’s some of the things we’ve learnt from helping our lovely clients – get this right and you’ll be on your way to a sell out event.
- CREATE… …a strong event brand that’s used consistently throughout the entire customer journey
- SEND… …an invite with a letter
- REMEMBER… …to print your signature in blue ink – it gets a higher response
- 6 WEEKS BEFORE… …the event, post the invite and letter.
- PERSONALISE … …the invite and letter with tailored messages and imagery
- HAVE A CLEAR… …call to action on every piece of communication
- INCLUDE … …a personalised web page for each delegate to RSVP
- USE … …a very simple personalised web address eg: www.geckoevent.co.uk/Jo
- 1 WEEK LATER … …send a follow up mailer but use a different format eg. postcard
- 2 WEEKS LATER… …send an email to ‘opt in’ prospects with the link to
Personalising your marketing materials with tailored messages and imagery so it resonates with your customer and engages them. Remember the personal touch goes a long way! And did you know that printing your signature in blue ink gets a higher response than printing it in black? Try it, it really does!
Make it easy for delegates to respond, have a clear call to action on every piece of communication. Creating a personalised web page for each delegate to RSVP really helps (but keep the web address simple). Recipients are more likely to respond if the RSVP is straight-forward.
Now that’s just a brief summary – if you’d like to check out our top 10 tips, a handy download is here.
Event marketing agency
To discuss how our direct mail campaigns can increase event attendance call us today on 0113 391 0704 – we look forward to hearing from you!